The Association for Women Faculty and Professionals at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill offers women faculty and professionals opportunities for fun, networking and learning through social activities, seminars, discussion groups and other events. Our diverse membership includes faculty, researchers, administrators, librarians, communicators, fundraisers, medical and legal professionals, and other UNC faculty and staff.
We aim to create a hospitable environment for women faculty and professionals on this campus by
- Promoting intellectual and social discourse
- Facilitating networking among professional women on campus
- Disseminating information concerning achievements of and opportunities for women
- Initiating programs that serve the interests of the members and benefit the university community
- Advocating for policies and practices that promote women’s equity and diversity on campus
2014-15 Membership dues are payable any time after May 1, 2014. Cost for the year is $30. Click here to learn how to join!
Spring 2014 Events
Spring Luncheon: April 30, 2014, 11:30-1:30, Carolina Inn Old Well Room!
The speaker will be our AWFP President, Amanda Hughes, and the 2014 Mary Turner Lane Award winner will be recognized!
Come for fun, good food, fellowship, learning. This is a great way to connect with AWFP: we identify excellence, create opportunities to network, advocate for equal pay, fair treatment, and justice for all on campus, and offer lectures and panel discussions on issues that matter to you.
The cost of this year’s luncheon is $35.00.
April 30, 2014: The luncheon is over. We hope to see you next year!