The Association for Women Faculty and Professionals at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill offers women faculty and professionals opportunities for fun, networking and learning through social activities, seminars, discussion groups and other events. Our diverse membership includes faculty, researchers, administrators, librarians, communicators, fundraisers, medical and legal professionals, and other UNC faculty and staff.
We aim to create a hospitable environment for women faculty and professionals on this campus by
- Promoting intellectual and social discourse
- Facilitating networking among professional women on campus
- Disseminating information concerning achievements of and opportunities for women
- Initiating programs that serve the interests of the members and benefit the university community
- Advocating for policies and practices that promote women’s equity and diversity on campus
Annual Membership Fee is $30. Learn how to join now!
FALL 2014 Events
Director Interviews, Carolina Women’s Center
Come join AWFP and the campus community for open forums and receptions for the Carolina Women’s Center (CWC) Director candidates. CWC serves students, staff and faculty at Carolina, and is an important collaborator with AWFP. We ask that you attend as many of these events as possible, and provide feedback on the candidates to the CWC Director Search Committee, chaired by Charlé LaMonica. AWFP is not hosting separate AWFP program events this semester to encourage your attendance at these events.
- Cordelia Heaney – Nov. 4 – 4-5:00 – Pleasants Family Rm – Wilson Library
- Barbara Anderson – Nov. 7– 4- 5:00 – Pleasants Family Rm – Wilson Library
- Rachel Seidman – Nov. 11 – 4- 5:00 – Hitchcock Rm – Stone Center
- Shamecca Bryant – Nov. 20 – 4:00 – 5:00 – Hitchcock Rm – Stone Center
Candidate information and CVs: http://provost.unc.edu/open-positions/
AWFP Holiday Reception — “Jingle & Mingle” — December 10, 4-6 pm — Carolina Inn
Association for Women Faculty and Professionals – Holiday Reception at the Carolina Inn
December 10 – 4:00-6:00 PM – Invitation to follow by email.