The Association for Women Faculty and Professionals at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill offers women faculty and professionals opportunities for fun, networking and learning through social activities, seminars, discussion groups and other events. Our diverse membership includes faculty, researchers, administrators, librarians, communicators, fundraisers, medical and legal professionals, and other UNC faculty and staff.
We aim to create a hospitable environment for women faculty and professionals on this campus by
- Promoting intellectual and social discourse
- Facilitating networking among professional women on campus
- Disseminating information concerning achievements of and opportunities for women
- Initiating programs that serve the interests of the members and benefit the university community
- Advocating for policies and practices that promote women’s equity and diversity on campus
Annual Membership Fee is $30. Learn how to join now!
Submit Nominations: 2015 Mary Turner Lane Award!
Nominations are now (as of November 1, 2014) being accepted for the 2015 Mary Turner Lane Award. The deadline to nominate is Monday, February 2, 2015 (extended from January 30) and details on the award and how to nominate are here.
Spring 2014 Events
We’ll be holding several events related to social media and networking in February and March of 2015. Details forthcoming.
Spring Luncheon will be May 6, 2015, 11:30 to 1:00 at the Carolina Club! Details coming soon.