As a member you will have the opportunity to:
- Network, share and learn with other women professionals
- Make new connections with colleagues from across campus
- Have fun and make friends with other women in an open, receptive environment
- Participate in members-only seminars and discussions with women leaders, on topics such as mentoring, communication and leadership
- Join in recognizing women and their accomplishments at Carolina
- Help raise awareness of women’s contributions to the University community
- Join in discussions to advocate for issues important to women at Carolina, including
- Salary equity and retention
- Leadership development
- Child care
Join or renew now, and your membership will be up to date through June 30, 2019.
How to join or renew:
Step 1: Complete our online Membership Registration Form
Who should join?
Any person who is a member of the general faculty of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or is a professional employee of the University is eligible for membership.
For the purpose of this organization, faculty membership is defined by The Faculty Code of the University of North Carolina. The term “professional employee” is intended to include, among others, research associates, research assistants and administrators at the University.
AWFP invites all female employees classified as EHRA faculty, EHRA non-faculty, or SHRA exempt and other professional women at UNC-Chapel Hill to join AWFP and attend our events.
For questions about AWFP membership, please feel free to contact any of our board members or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.