Why join AWFP?
As a member you will have the opportunity to:
- Network, share and learn with other women professionals
- Make new connections with colleagues from across campus
- Have fun and make friends with other women in an open, receptive environment
- Participate in members-only seminars and discussions with women leaders, on topics such as mentoring, communication and leadership
- Join in recognizing women and their accomplishments at Carolina
- Help raise awareness of women’s contributions to the University community
- Join in discussions to advocate for issues important to women at Carolina, including
- Salary equity and retention
- Leadership development
- Child care
We hope you will come to one of our events to discover just how friendly we are!
Join or renew now, and your membership will be up to date through June 30, 2016.
How to join:
Complete our online Membership Registration Form
After you complete the membership form, you can send your annual membership fee of $30 in two forms:
- Send a check made payable to “AWFP” to Jen Willis, AWFP Treasurer, Communications & Public Affairs, CB#9100
- Pay online via PayPal by clicking the “Buy Now” button below. You do not need to set up a PayPal account to use this service. (Look for the words Don’t have a PayPal account?)
- NOTE: To help us process your membership, please provide your department name and campus box number in the comment field in PayPal.
- If the member’s name is different than the name on the credit or debit card, please also provide the correct name.
Who should join?
Any person who is a member of the general faculty of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or is a professional employee of the University is eligible for membership.
For the purpose of this organization, faculty membership is defined by The Faculty Code of the University of North Carolina. The term “professional employee” is intended to include, among others, research associates, research assistants and administrators at the University.
AWFP invites all female employees classified as EPA faculty, EPA non-faculty, or SPA exempt and other professional women at UNC-Chapel Hill to join AWFP and attend our events.