Why join AWFP?
As a member you will have the opportunity to:
- Network, share and learn with other women professionals
- Make new connections with colleagues from across campus
- Have fun and make friends with other women in an open, receptive environment
- Participate in members-only seminars and discussions with women leaders, on topics such as mentoring, communication and leadership
- Join in recognizing women and their accomplishments at Carolina
- Help raise awareness of women’s contributions to the University community
- Join in discussions to advocate for issues important to women at Carolina, including
- Salary equity and retention
- Leadership development
- Child care
We hope you will come to one of our events to discover just how friendly we are!
How to join
- Print and complete the Membership Form (Word doc).
- Include a $30 check for the annual membership fee, made payable to AWFP. The annual membership year coincides with UNC’s academic calendar. (Spring 2014 Note: If you are taking advantage of our special–see below–please use the form above, but mark it with “2014-15 Early Bird Special” and enclose a check for $25.)
- Return the form to Rhonda Gibson, AWFP Treasurer, School of Journalism, Campus Box #3365
OR join AWFP today with PayPal!
Clicking the “Pay Now” links below will take you to PayPal’s secure payments site where you can pay with a credit or debit card. You do not need to set up a PayPal account to use this service. Look for the words Don’t have a PayPal account?
NOTE: To help us process your membership, please provide your department name and campus box number in the comment field in PayPal.
If the member’s name is different than the name on the credit or debit card, please also provide the correct name.
2014-15 Early Bird Special (valid April 17-30, 2014 only)! Join or renew now for next year for only $25. Your membership will be up to date through June 30, 2015, and you’ll save $5.00 off the normal $30 membership fee!
Who should join
Any person who is a member of the general faculty of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or is a professional employee of the University is eligible for membership.
For the purpose of this organization, faculty membership is defined by The Faculty Code of the University of North Carolina. The term “professional employee” is intended to include, among others, research associates, research assistants and administrators at the University.
AWFP invites all female employees classified as EPA faculty, EPA non-faculty, or SPA exempt and other professional women at UNC-Chapel Hill to join AWFP and attend our events.