In a relaxed, inclusive setting, the Association for Women Faculty and Professionals at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill offers women faculty and professionals opportunities for social and professional networking, personal growth, career development, advocacy of women’s issues, celebration of women’s achievements, and fun.
What we do
AWFP’s Board of Directors is committed to promoting awareness of women’s concerns, providing a forum for intellectual and social interaction, recognizing and celebrating the contribution of women to the University, and planning meaningful activities for women faculty and professionals across campus.
Our activities include
- Annual social events for women across campus, such as our fall reception and holiday reception
- Seminars on topics of interest to women faculty and professionals, such as leadership, mentoring and communication
- Discussion, networking and advocacy groups for small-group interaction, intellectual stimulation, and the betterment of our University
- The selection of an annual recipient of the Mary Turner Lane Award for outstanding contributions to the lives of women across campus
- An annual spring luncheon to celebrate the achievements of all women on campus, including the recipient of the Mary Turner Lane Award. The luncheon features a dynamic female guest speaker, hosts a small poster session for select women graduate students, and provides a venue for the organization to conduct its brief annual business of electing new officers and board members.
AWFP has about 100 active members and could not flourish without the support and participation of its membership.